Tuesday 1 January 2013

Challenge 4 – Put a Bling on it x


Hey guys Happy New Year!!! I hope you’re all feeling okay this morning and that you had an amazing Christmas break – mine has been perfect – full of family, friends, and some serious overindulgence! I’ve been wayyy to scared to brave the bathroom scales and, as has become tradition every year, I’ll be avoiding them until January is out of the way and I’ve been really good for a month :-D

Anywho, onto business – first I’d like to say a massive thank you to everyone who joined in on our challenge last month. I loved all the cards and really enjoyed the white on white theme – such simple elegant designs – gorgeous. I've run the numbers though the Random Number Generator again and the winner for the White on White challenge is:

Heather

Congratulations hun – I’ll add your card to the winners wall today x If you email me at flatfriendsboutique@gmail.com using verification code FFC3 with your choice of 4 digis I’ll get them over to you. You can grab your winners badge from the sidebar too – any probs let me know x

As you can see from the title above this month’s challenge is ‘Put a Bling on it’ – we thought it may be nice to continue the glitz and glamour of last night into the New Year so we’re looking for glitter/rhinestones/sparkles (basically anything that makes it gorgeous and blingtastic) :-)


A winner will be chosen using the Random Number Generator and announced on the 1st of February (when we launch the next challenge). They will have their choice of 4 free Flat Friends digi’s and their card will feature on our Wall of Fame throughout January.

As always a Flat Friends digi must be used for your creation but there are a couple of freebies that can be used if you don't already own one of my designs which can be accessed from the freebies tab above x

Okay – that’s enough from me – I’m off to enjoy New Years Day with some gorgeous friends :-) As always, I’ll leave you to look at the beautiful inspiration from the DT – a massive thanks from me to them - stunning as always and seriously blingtastic x x

Happy Crafting & Digi Hugs x x



Kathy - Happy New Year everyone! May 2013 be the best year yet! I love bling and use it on almost every creation. When I saw this new Cheerleader image, I knew she would be fun to bling up! I've used plenty of stickles on her pom poms and outfit. I also glazed her boots for some shine (who wouldn't want green leather boots, right?). I added a few rhinestones to the sentiment as well. Hope you will join us for this bling-tastic challenge!


NJ - Hello lovelies and a very Happy New Year from me. I hope you have all had a wonderful time over the festive season and looking forward to a great 2013. Now I absolutely love this theme as bling is just right up my street! LOL I have used Taylorbell and I wanted to just use 2 sparkly colours so I have gone for silver & black. I wanted to do something a little different so I have coloured her with Sakura Gelly Roll Pens Silver Star and Black Sparkle. I chose not to add any other colour as I wanted to keep the focus on the glitz and glamour of a New Year Celebration. I like the fact too she has a wand and then she can make all your New Year Wishes come true! Hopefully..lol.... Happy New Year Lots of love NJ XXX


Sally - Happy New Year Girlies! Let's hope it is a good one! Here is my card for the New Year Challenge, using Taylor. I have glitzed her up using lots of glitter, cut her out and then chose some card stock from my crafty stash. Cut out a scalloped circle using Spellbinder's dies and cut scalloped ovals using Sizzix dies. Chose a sentiment and adhered it to a Spellbinder's flower.



Sarah - And a very Happy New Year to you all too!  I hope 2013 brings all that you could hope for.  I also used Taylorbell for my image, I thought those wings would look fab all blinged up and they do! I added some of my favourite papers, die cuts and some rhinestones and there you go - my first card of the New Year.  Looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous entries in this month's challenge.



13 comments:

  1. Fab DT samples. I hope to play this month... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing - we'd love to have you :-) x x

      Delete
  2. Hi girls, I found you through the Cupcake challenge blog and I have fallen in love with your images. I've used one of your freebies on my card and already have a wish list for your store. Wonderful DT inspiration and thank you for your refresing digi's :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna thank you so much for your lovely comments - it really does mean the world to me when I get such positive feedback x So glad you like the digi's and that you've found us :-) x x

      Delete
  3. What great fun images you've provided to play along with! Love them! Great inspiration by the DT as well! :) Can't wait to find out if I did this right! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun - your card is absolutely gorgeous and you definitely did do it right lol :-) x x

      Delete
  4. Thank you sweetie - I'm lucky to have such an amazing team :-) x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great DT projects, really love your stamps and they will be bought when the money comes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart x x Hope you've had a lovely weekend, Em x x

      Delete
  6. Your DT cards are fabulous - what wonderful images. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karon - I love your card - it's really beautiful x x

      Delete
  7. This is really beautiful blog...thanks lot. Apartments in Barcelona

    ReplyDelete